What We Do
ASK is Research Program on Learning Technologies founded in 1999 by Professor Demetrios Sampson.
Our research focuses on methods and tools for:
- Teaching and Learning Analytics
- Context-aware Adaptive and Personalised (Mobile) Learning
- Open Access to Educational Resources and Practices
We have a long history in the field of Learning Technologies:
- Engaged in 58 Research and Innovation projects attracting External Funding at the range of 9 Million €
- Producing more than 380 research publications with a significant impact in terms of citations (more than 3600 known citations)
- Providing the research environment for 160 doctoral, master and undergraduate students
- Offering the edX course on “Analytics for the Classroom Teacher”, the first edX course introducing the emerging field of teaching and learning analytics from the perspective of a classroom teacher
- Leading major international initiatives such as: one of the first open access academic journals in Learning Technologies (the Educational Technology & Society Journal), the flagship international conference of the IEEE Computer Society in Learning Technologies (ICALT, the IEEE International Conference in Advanced Learning Technologies) and one of the largest international professional community in Learning Technologies (IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technologies).